Just like our health, our homes also need proper care and attention. Our body gets sick from too much work and stress and just same with our home; it also runs down as time goes by. With this, our house needs regular maintenance and check-up to function well.
Who wouldn’t want to stay in a safe and comfortable home? One of the basic needs of human beings is shelter but it is not just enough to make us more secure in everyday of our lives. We need a home that is functional. We want a place to stay where we feel protected from dangers such as natural disasters and weather disturbances. This is the reason why we need a house repair once in a while for a comfortable abode.
Some of us might be intimidated with the price of house repair and maintenance but we are not aware that it is much cheaper to have regular house maintenance rather than spending more on extreme house damages.
Here are some reasons why you need to do have your house repaired regulary:
- Quality living – What if you experience a scenario where you are too tired from work then you just got home a discovered that your air conditioning unit is dripping because you have not cleaned it for more than a year? For sure that would add too much stress on you. But if you keep a regular check-up and maintenance to your appliances, this would not happen. This simply means that the more dedicated you are in your house repairs and maintenance, the better quality of life you would achieve.
- Savings – Believe it or not but house repair and maintenance is not that costly as you would think. Simple house repairs would not be taken for granted because when these become a major problem that is when the cost would shoot up. A very good example is the ceiling repair. If you see that there is moist in your ceiling, don’t neglect it. Maybe there is a hole that you need to fix. Don’t wait for rainy season or winter to continue to moist your ceiling and eventually create a bigger hole to it. You would be surprised that the one little hole would cause your house to become a large pool of water if you
will not have it repaired immediately. This major problem would definitely be more expensive because the damage is not just in your ceiling but the entire roof as well.
- Security – We buy a house to protect our families and to be safe all the time. There is no place like home as the famous line goes. If we want to have a safer place to stay, then we need to have our house repaired if we notice small damages such as lighting problems, faucet leaks, broken windows, etc. Having these small repairs done as soon as possible would help us avoid future problems such as electric shocks, burglary, insect infestation, etc.
- Durability – A home which is taken care of regularly will stay longer. Just like our body, if we eat healthy foods and exercise regularly, we can live longer. The more regular we maintain our home, the better and stronger it becomes. Everything will just come into place such as quality living, security, and more savings if our home is durable, far from major damages, clean, and functional.
- Investment – A safe and comfortable home is a perfect investment for your family. If you always maintain your home, there is a big possibility that the value would appreciate when you want tosell your house in the future. A house that functions properly would sell like hotcakes so do not hesitate to spend a little for minor repairs because this can lead to greater value in the future.
These are just few of the reasons why it is important to have a regular check-up of your homes. To achieve safe and comfortable homes, don’t hesitate to have a house repair once in a while. Forget about the cost. Focus on larger investment which is your family’s comfort, security, and peace.
For those planning to have their house repaired, read on to find out some home maintenance advice from experts.
- 1 Home Maintenance Advice You Need to Know
- 2 Several Amazon Home Maintenance Services You Need
- 3 Hiring Local Home Repair Contractors Near Me: Pros and Cons
- 4 House Repair Contractors and Services for your Installation Needs
- 4.1 Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioner Installation
- 4.2 Towel warmer installation
- 4.3 Wall decal installation
- 4.4 Bathtub Liner Replacement and Installation
- 4.5 USB Wall Outlet Installation
- 4.6 Backflow preventer installation
- 4.7 Recessed fire escape installation
- 4.8 Urinal installation
- 4.9 Water softener installation
- 5 Home Repair Cost Preparations
Home Maintenance Advice You Need to Know
How often do you do a regular a home maintenance? Is once a year okay? Or once a month is recommended? Experts suggest that once a month of regular home maintenance is already a good practice. It may eat up much of your time but your dedication towards your home is an indication that you love yourself and the people living inside your house. Remember that your home also needs love and care just like your
- Allot a day once in a month for your home maintenance. Create a checklist of the things you need to do. Put on top of the list the things which is your priority and needs to be done as soon as possible. In doing this, major problems would be prevented.
- If you can do the repair all by yourself, the better as this would not entail much cost but if you think you can’t do things alone, call a handyman near you to do the repair for you.
- It is important to be organized. Keep all your tools in one storage so that when you need instant and emergency repair, you would not waste time finding those. Also, keep all your warranty cards in a safe place in case your appliances need to be repaired.
- Teach your family the value of care. Make them aware that everything in the house is precious and needs to be valued. When people in the house are careful enough in using the appliances and the furniture, less repairs are expected.
- Don’t procrastinate. If you see small house damage, repair it immediately. Sometimes, we ignore small house repairs because we are too busy but the more we ignore these things, the more problems we encounter. Just like our health, prevention is better than cure. So to prevent further damages at home, have your home maintenance monthly.
The pieces of advice mentioned above are very simple and generic yet we seldom do that to our homes. For others who have the skill for house repairs, then you have all the time for your regular house maintenance. If you want to do simple repairs at home, here are some essential tools you might need:
- Screwdrivers – These are essential in removing and installing screws in our cabinets, appliances, etc. This is a very basic tool you need to keep in your toolbox.
- Pliers – You need this to remove bolts, tighten nuts, squeeze metals, cut wires especially when you are repairing your iron pipes and furniture with nuts and bolts.
- Hammer – This is used to pull nails and to flatten down materials. This should not be missed if you are buying handyman tools at home.
- Saw – There are different types of saw. You can buy a circular saw that can cut wood, iron, ceramic, and plastic to make your tool more useful.
- Utility Knife – This specific knife has a special blade which can cut wall paper, drywall, veneer, and others.
- Ladder – There are repairs which are out of our reach so having a ladder is a great addition to your tools. If you need to repair your lightings, replace your ceiling fan or paint the wall your ladder is a big help.
These are just some of the tools you can have for first time homeowners. For small and immediate repairs, these basic tools might be very handy and beneficial to your home repair needs.
We love to do things all by ourselves especially when it concerns our house repairs. But there are some who find house repairs demanding. For those who are always stressed as to what to do or where to go for house repairs, don’t worry because there are a lot of companies willing to lend a hand. You can visit amazon handyman for more information and for your home maintenance needs.
For a more specific home maintenance services offered by amazon, read the next article for further information.
Several Amazon Home Maintenance Services You Need
Home maintenance can be a tiring task but with the help of our local handyman and some big and reputable companies such as amazon, we can be stress-free from these complicated repairs and home services. Here are just some of the few home maintenance services offered by amazon that might be of help to you:
Window glaze application is important especially if you want your home to be protected by dust and strong winds. Aside from sealing your home from the weather, window glaze application also helps theglass to hold securely. If you want your windows to stay long you can call amazon for window glaze application. As customers, you need to provide your own window-glazing material and the amazon hire a handyman services will apply the window glaze up to 60 inches wide by 48 inches tall. For larger windows, your handyman may give another cost estimate for the services.
For plant and flower lovers, a garden window is a perfect additional design at home to showcase the beauty and colors of the plants. For your garden window replacement, amazon willdo the following services: removing the original window for replacement, installation of new garden windows together with the brackets and clips as recommended by the manufacturers, seal joints and exterior to avoid water to come in. Amazon service for garden window replacement does not include cutting so make sure that your window is measured properly for it to fit your desired window size.
If your air conditioning does not function properly, your fan coil might be replaced. Amazon can do your fan coil replacement fast and easy. All you need is to email amazon and provide the necessary detailssuch as the exact product name of your fan coil unit. Once the amazon confirmed, they will send a handyman to replace you fan coil unit and to connect the unit in the power source.
Water is a necessity do if your well pump does not extract water anymore, it is high time for a replacement. This is a complicated job so amazon services might be of help. They are responsible to remove the existing well pump, replace it with the new once, and reconnect water lines. As client, you just need to call or email them and your water pump problem is solved in an instant.
TV wall mounting might look so simple but it really needs a pro to have it done. If you are looking for tv wall mounting service near me sites, then amazon is a reputable company to call. Their tv wall mounting services include recommending the best location for TV wall mounting, installing of the bracket, making sure that the TV is secure, and concealing the cords to hide the wires and cords for a more orderly and neat look. Be reminded that in this service, you have to make sure that your wall is ready for mounting. The TV should be placed on a dry wall away from a fireplace to avoid future damage in your television.
Amazon offer hundreds of home repair services from the simpler to more complicated ones. If you are still in doubt of hiring home repair contractors in your locality, then you can opt for trustworthy companies such as amazon. To enlighten you more, here are the pros and cons of hiring local home repair contractors.
Hiring Local Home Repair Contractors Near Me: Pros and Cons
To ensure quality living it is necessary to check all our home repairs regularly. There are do it yourself home maintenance but there are also complicated ones that need experts and more experienced handyman. The question is, which is better – to hire a local home repair contractor or to hire a company-based handyman such as amazon? To help you decide, here are the pros and cons of hiring local home repair contractors near you.
- Availability – Local home repair contractors are people you can call anytime because they are just located near your community. You don’t need to write an email and wait for your schedule. With your local contractor, you can just visit them, explain the problem and let them visit your place to check the repair as soon as possible.
- Cost –Local home repair contractors ask for a cheaper price compared with those affiliated in big companies. You can even ask for discount and extra repair and they would not ask for additional cost. As long as there is a good contractor-customer relation, you are assured that you can get better services at a reasonable price.
- Familiarity – You local repairman is already familiar with the types of tools, appliances, materials, that fit your homes especially if you live in a certain subdivision where the materials used are almost the same. These local home repair contractors have experienced the same problems in the neighbourhood so they already recognize the problem fast and understand how things work. Because of this, home repairs are more accurate and fast.
- Easy communication – With your local handyman, you don’t need to wait for emails that long. You can just visit them anytime and talk to them over the phone. You can even explain the problem personally so that they will have a deeper understanding of what you need. Communicating with them is easy and this can easily lessen your burden of waiting and hoping for your home repair solutions.
- Experts – Although not associated with reputable companies, these local home repair contractors are also professionals. They have undergone trainings and have rich experience in terms of repairs. So if you need an emergency house repair, don’t hesitate to look for your dependable and responsible local handyman.
- Uncertified – Some of the local handyman might by experts in their field but there are those which are not licensed or certified. In case you encounter problems with their services, you could not take further action because there is no paper to prove that you hired a professional contractor.
- Doubtful reputation – Nowadays, it is very alarming to trust people immediately. With your local contractors, there is no affiliated company that would guarantee their reputation so you might be in doubt to let them in at your house and inspect your house repairs. Be very careful because sometimes this is the cause of burglary, scam, and robbery.
- Uninsured – House repairs are usually dangerous so if they are not insured and something might happen to them as they repair your house, you would definitely pay all the hospital bills and other medical expenses. Aside from the cost of your house repair, this is an unexpected additional cost which is a burden to your wallet.
- Inadequate Tools – some of these local handymen invest on their own tools so they might have limited tools to do the job efficiently and quickly. With inadequate tools, you are not guaranteed that the repairs are done with much quality and assurance.
- Generic Expertise – You local contractors only have generic knowledge about repairs. They are only experts in common household maintenance so if you need very specific services, they are less skilled in it. That would take much time and effort for them so you might be asked for a higher cost estimate.
In general, it is still better to hire a professional handyman for your house repairs to save you time and to free you from stress. With the right person, adequate tools, and great experience, you are certain that your house repair jobs are handled professionally.
House Repair Contractors and Services for your Installation Needs
Simple repairs can be done through do it yourself steps but then there are home repairs and maintenance that need installation. This would require heavy equipment and specific tools. If you need these types of installation, you better call an expert to help you. Here are some amazon house repair contractors and services for your installation needs:
For your AC installation, amazon contractor does not only install the unit but he can also connect the indoor and outdoor condenser to the power supply in your home. He is also responsible to check if the unit is working or not. After the installation, your contractor does the job area cleanup so you don’t need to worry anymore in tidying up the materials which are not used in the installation process.
Some of you who have swimming pool or spa at homes, towel warmer is a necessity. It heats up the towel to let it dry out fast. This will avoid bacteria to spread out. For yout towel warmer installation, your amazon contractor can mount the rack where you want it placed. He can also connect it to the electrical source and wire it to the switch so you would not worry anymore the electrical issues. Before he leaves, he will make sure that the towel warmer is tested and works properly.
If you want to make your walls visually appealing, you can add wall decals. However, this can be very challenging especially if you are not an expert. For amazon contractors, this is simply done. With the right materials and tools, they can do wall decal installation in a day. They also make sure that they remove all the bubbles popping out in your decal to make it more attractive and neat.
Bathtub liners can be difficult to install so you need experts to have it replaced. Amazon contractors are the best people to hire because they do the following tasks: they first make sure that the site where the bathtub will be installed in levelled properly. They will then install the bathtub liner to protect from rust and moisture. Then they will tow away the old liner if needed. Lastly, they will do the plumbing and reconnect the pipes to make sure the water does not leak as it flows to your bathtub.
This requires electrical expertise so amazon contractors can do this job for you. Your contractor will replace the switches and outlets, then check if there are incompatible hardware and major issues. If you need replacement, your contractor can also do the services for you fast and efficient.
Backflow is such a nuisance at home because water is the cause of moisture and moisture is usually the culprit of our household damages. It can also cause poisoning and contamination so to avoid this, call your amazon contractors as soon as possible for backflow preventer installation. They can expose piping up to one foot deep. They will install your backflow preventer professionally and they will even replace the soil over your piping.
Disaster such as fire is inevitable so it is better to be prepared when this happens. For your recessed fire escape installation, you amazon contractor can check first your site for installation, mount the recessed fire escape according to your location. After installation, your contractor will still repair your wall where the fire escape was installed and clean up the project site.
In case you need urinal installation services, amazon contractors can also be of help. All you need to do is to email them and schedule a day for installation. They will visit your place and check the project site. Then they will install the urinals according to the manufacturer’s instructions. They will also see to it that the plumbing system works properly and that the urinal functions well before they finish the whole service.
Water is our basic need and we want to have clean and safe water at home. For your water softener installation, your amazon contractor will do the following tasks: draining all the water lines, installation of a water softener such as fleck iron pro 3, programming of the water softener to make sure it works properly.
These are example home services that you can avail from amazon contractors. For more information about their house repair cost, contact their website.
Home Repair Cost Preparations
Now that you are already knowledgeable of some house repair needs and services and that you were enlightened of the pros and cons of hiring a contractor in your local community or through a company, let’s talk about cost. This is the number issue we always face when we want to have our house repaired. Just a thought of having the best contractor and the best materials for our house would be very enticing but then we are oftentimes discouraged if we are given a cost estimate way beyond our budget.
But you have to remember that home repair cost is an important thing to consider because everything will not be possible without money. Everything starts from your budget. Here are simple home repair co
st preparations that might be of interest to you.
- List down all your home repair needs. As mentioned previously, you need to have a checklist. It is suggested
that that keep a journal or notebook solely for house repair so that everything is organized and well-documented.
- Now that you have your list, rank which of the house repairs need special attention immediately. Prioritize those that can affect the functions of your hometremendously and set aside first small repairs which can are not that alarming.
- Research. You can estimate cost by reading some home improvement blogs. If you are short of budget, you canalso learn some DIY home repairs form the internet.
- The online community is such a big help for your cost estimates. Join some groups and ask for advice how to do repairs or how much the repair would cost. If you have an idea, you can easily bargain for service cost from your local contractors.
- Visit home improvement services companies online such as the amazon. They offer cost estimates for your home repair needs. Depending on the extent of your house repair, they make sure that everything in the contract is delivered well at a reasonable price.
For common house repairs, these are just cost-friendly especially if someone in your family is already a handyman. All you need are the materials and the right tools. The cost also depends on the type of repair such as leaky faucet, faulty light switch, door knob replacement, clogged drain, water heater repair, ceiling fan replacement, etc. For this type of repairs, you would probably spend for materials ranging from $20-$400. Then you still have to pay for the labor. Average rate of a handyman is $60-$120 an hour. Again, this may depend on the extent of services they render and the type of credentials and expertise they have.
House repair is an unending process. We can never get out of it but we can prevent further damage if we religiously take time to check everything at home from the minute details to more complicated ones. It is also expected that house repair can be costly so you have to set aside some percentage of your savings just for house repairs. Sometimes disasters strike such as fire, flood, earthquake, etc and all of these can damage our homes so if we don’t have enough savings for house repairs, we will surely have a headache where to get our budget for these major repairs. So to avoid worries and stresses brought by your house repair needs and maintenance, be prepared. Save and invest for your home now.